The St. Regis
The 2021 Midyear Meeting of Working Group 11 on Data Security and Privacy Liability (WG11) will be held at the St. Regis in Houston, Texas, on Thursday-Friday, October 28-29, 2021. A welcome reception will be held in the evening of Wednesday, October 27, from 6:00-8:00 pm.
The meeting's primary focus will be on new drafts and brainstorming group outlines in need of WG11 member review and comment, including the following topics:
- Biometric privacy primer
- Notice and consent - biometric facial recognition data
- Privilege Commentary, Second Edition
- Impact of pandemic response on global privacy
- Advisability of adopting a strict liability regime for data breaches involving personal information
In addition, the meeting will feature the following sessions:
- Privacy and data security legislative and regulatory update
- Privacy and data security litigation update
- Ransomware: the ever-evolving landscape and emerging legal regime
- WG11 town hall
Please find the timed agenda with detailed session descriptions, along with confirmed dialogue leaders and biographies, below.
Hotel Reservation Information:
We have obtained an extremely favorable group room rate at the St. Regis Hotel of $235 per night (plus tax) for a limited block of rooms on the nights of October 27-28. For those who wish to arrive early, leave late, or otherwise extend their stay, the group rate is available for three nights preceding and three nights following the dates of the room block, but subject to standard guestroom availability. Accordingly, if you wish to book for additional nights, you should do so as soon as possible. This block of rooms will be held until October 6, 2021, after which the rooms will be made available to the general public. Reservation information will be provided in your meeting registration confirmation email.
The Sedona Conference will seek CLE accreditation for this event in selected jurisdictions, as dictated by attendance.
Health and Safety Protocols: